Deb, Joey and I went to an appreciation evening hosted by World Vision in Hamilton just recently. Deb and I sponsor two children and now after that evening we sponsor three. World Vision is an organization that makes big differences in the lives of children throughout the world. Jesse Lumsden who plays for the Ticats and is a friend of Joey's was there and he had just come back from El Salvador where he saw first hand the good work this organization does.
Sponsorship costs $40 per month which is tax deductible. You will receive a photo of the child you sponsor and letters from time to time so that you can learn about them and they about you.
The video is a clip from that evening. Michelle Wright is a big supporter of World Vision.
Please consider signing up. www.worldvision.ca/

1 comment:
Great organization. I sponsor a child in Senegal. Had had him for 4 years now and watch him grow-he's so cute! I first joined as an Xmas gift for Shaun when he was about 12 years old. I pre-empted the gift by explaining that since he always wanted a bother or sister, I got him this gift. He opened it and said "so you bought me one!?!"
Post a Comment