It seems like this is the summer of concerts at Ontario Place. Last night Deb and I went to the Alison Krause and Robert Plant concert. We had great seats as the photos will attest and had the weather turned wet we would have been nice and dry under the roof.
I will upload videos when I get a chance.
The concert was good. Alison has a remarkable voice.
The concert should have been entitled: Led Zeppelin meets Blue Grass. Robert is clearly an excellent musician and he for the most part played back up to Alison, or so it seemed. This did not sit well with some of the true die in the wool LZ fans who thought this was going to be a LZ music fest. They obviously did not know who Alison is. Having said that there were numbers in which Plant was featured and some LZ tunes and a couple of riffs sung by Plant that hinted at his legendary rock vocal ability. Even though the style of music reined him in, you could tell that he is still the preeminent rock vocalist of today.


No comments:
Post a Comment