There are many people here and seeing as I am in for a non-illness related reason I imagine my wait here will be along one. Sitting here though brings back memories of visits long ago to emergency rooms and assorted walk in clinics with Sarah and Joey. I really feel for the parents sitting here with their children who are obviously sick and not in the greatest of moods. I wish I had brought in my mp3 player but then again I might not hear my name being called.
As for the cruise Deb and I are headed for a 12 day cruise around Cape Horn. The carrier is Princess Cruise Lines and we start our journey in Santiago Chile then head south round the cape and end up in Buenos Aires with many stops along the way. A couple of those stops will be in Patagonia which is a place I have wanted to visited for a long time now.
It will be an interesting cruise from the stand point of weather as well. It is summer in the southern hemisphere and we will be starting out in fairly warm to hot weather and as we travel south we will get cooler. If I am reading my latitude correctly we will end up at 55 degrees south at the cape which is about the same latitude at White Horse in the north.
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


1 comment:
Wow, I don't like cruises, but that's one I would love to take. Weather's better than here! I checked out the southern weather, here it is:
In spite of its incendiary name, Tierra del Fuego -as well as the rest of Patagonia- has low temperatures and strong winds, sudden changes of weather, going from strong winds to complete calm, or from sunny to rainy conditions being very common.
In summer (December through March) temperatures range from 6ºCelsius to 12ºC, while in spring (September through December) and fall (March through June) it gets as low as zero degrees Celsius. In winter (June through August), temperatures may go down to 1ºCelsius below zero, although this season is characterized by clear days with little wind.
One of the features of this southern area, with annual average temperatures between 3ºC and 7ºC, is that the sun may shine up to 18 hours a day in the summer.
Post a Comment