Seems like Blogs are all the rage so thought I would set one up. Someone said my Blog should be thought provoking or controversial- I am neither.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Law courts Belfast
Ended up at the law courts near the river. The first pic is the front of a solicitor's office and the next is the entrance into the courts themselves. We stopped into the court and went to courtroom 14 (Crown Court) to see the end of the judge's instructions to the jury on a criminal matter. I was surprised they would us into the court in the middle of the judge's instructions. The accused sat in a glass enclosed dock flanked by two court officers. The judge and counsel wore wigs but other than that it was like our courtrooms. The building was new and each juror shared a LCD screen as well as the judge witness and counsel. The court is right up to date in terms of technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment