MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Heron Proofing the pond


For five years we kept all our fish safe and sound. Last year we had over 20 koi and goldfish. At the start of the spring we had none. Herons love backyard pond because they make for an easy meal. I did some reading and the best and least costly solution is to run thin string around and above the pond surface. Pictured here are the results of my efforts. I bought four new fish. Let's hope they are around in the fall.

1 comment:

EPDM Liners said...

You have done a great job. Can you show us these fishes which you have put in your pond? I am also going to add fish pond in my garden. I have to put fishes in it and i am thinking about to put the same fishes in my pond.